THIS NOTICE IS SUBJECT TO MODIFICATION OR TERMINATION AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE. YOU ARE ADVISED TO VISIT THIS PAGE REGULARLY TO KEEP INFORMED OF ANY CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE.
It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable intellectual property laws. The form of notice and procedures set forth below are consistent with those suggested by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication by fax or regular mail (i.e., not by e-mail, except by MSC's prior written agreement) that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing on your copyrights. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes on your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
Include in your written communication the following information using the format indicated below (including the corresponding section numbers):
- Identify, in sufficient detail, the location of the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears in the "Featuring" section on www.mscdirect.com") or other information sufficient to specify the copyrighted work being infringed. If a single notification covers multiple copyrighted works at a single online site, provide a representative list of such works at that site in the notification.
- Identify the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted (e-mail address is preferred).
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- Also include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Sign the written communication.
Mail the written communication to us at:
MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc.
Attn: Legal Department, DMCA Complaints
75 Maxess Road
Melville, New York 11747-3151
Or fax to:
Attn: Legal Department
Or email to:
Please enter a search value